PriestleySoundy advises Humphrey Singer with his appointment as CFO of Belron

PriestleySoundy advised Humphrey Singer in connection with his appointment as Chief Financial Officer of Belron.

Humphrey was Chief Finance Officer at Marks & Spencer, and before that Group Finance Director at Dixons Carphone.  Previously, he held a number of senior finance roles within Cadbury Schweppes and Coca-Cola Enterprises.

Belron is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement with unrivalled brands – including Carglass, Safelite and Autoglass.

In February 2018, D’Ieteren and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (“CD&R”) completed the previously announced acquisition by CD&R-managed funds of a 40% ownership interest in Belron.  D’Ieteren and Belron’s management hold the remaining 60% ownership interest in the group.  At the time, Mark and Sarah advised Gary Lubner and his senior management team.

Founded in 1978, CD&R is a private investment firm. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of $25 billion in 78 companies representing a broad range of industries with an aggregate transaction value of more than $100 billion.

D’Ieteren were advised by Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, and CD&R were advised by Debevoise & Plimpton.

9th January 2020